Website Hosting and Maintenance
Choose the plan that is right for you.
White Buffalo Websites offers a monthly website maintenance and hosting plan. You can choose one or the other or both maintenance and hosting plans based on your needs. We are happy to work with your website hosting. Our website hosting is on Flywheel, which is very fast, high quality Managed WordPress hosting.
Maintenance + Hosting
- Flywheel Optimized WordPress Hosting and Monthly Maintenance.
- Flywheel Optimized WordPress Hosting without monthly maintenance.
- Monthly maintenance on your WordPress website.
Monthly Website Maintenance
When updating a WordPress website, the first step is to create a backup of the website. The backup assures that if something goes wrong in the updates, the entire website can be restored. Most of the time the updates runs without a hitch. However, a WordPress website can be a complicated beast, and can crash if there are plugin or theme conflicts. For that reason, WordPress websites should be updated regularly, and only after a backup is made. It is also important to know how to restore the website from a backup.
Our maintenance service includes:
- Updating the website to the latest version of WordPress
- Updating all plugins
- Updating the theme
- After the updates, testing 5 website pages, with special attention to a product page, the cart page, and the check out page, if applicable.
- Cleaning out spam website comments
- A brief email report on your website traffic for the past month
Flywheel Hosting includes:
- SSL (the HTTPS or little lock in the browser bar). SSL is required for shopping websites and is very important to website SEO
- Hosting service that is optimized for WordPress and makes your website faster with less downtime
- CDN (Content Delivery Network) services, which means that your website is preloaded on servers throughout the world, improving response time dramatically.
- Enhanced website security, protecting your website from attack
- Automated backups and one-touch restore of your website, which is very important in WordPress.
- The ability to run a development website when you would like to make more complicated changes to your website.
Interested in purchased Flywheel Hosting? Simply to go Get Flywheel!
(Just so you know, following the Get Flywheel link may result in referral fees to White Buffalo Websites. There is no increase in the cost to you. )
Why do WordPress websites need maintenance?
33% of websites on the World Wide Web are on WordPress, and, for good reason. WordPress provides a back end to websites, giving users the ability to make changes without code. WordPress technology is open source and is a combination of the WordPress Core, the website theme, and plugins. When the WordPress core is updated, then the theme and plugin must be updated as well. The updates are important because they include security protections as well as enhancements that make your website better and faster.